Request an account to use Register trainee teachers
You can only get a Register trainee teachers (Register) account if you work for either:
- an initial teacher training (ITT) accredited provider
- a lead school involved in School Direct teacher training
Follow these steps to get an account to use Register.
1. Get a DfE Sign-in account
You’ll use a DfE Sign-in account to sign in to Register.
The email address you use for your DfE Sign-in account must:
- be a named individual email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org
- have an email domain belonging to your organisation, for example it cannot end with @gmail.com or @icloud.com
Get a DfE Sign-in account if you do not already have one.
2. Get a Register account
Once you have a DfE Sign-in account, ask a colleague with a Register account to send an email requesting an account for you.
If nobody in your organisation has a Register account, you can send the email yourself.
The email should be sent to email@example.com. It should say that you want to start using Register and include:
- the name of the accredited provider or lead school you work for
- the email address used for your DfE Sign-in account
If more than one person in your organisation needs a Register account, all the details can be included in the same email.
You’ll be sent an email once your Register account has been set up.
3. Get access to additional accredited providers or lead schools in Register (optional)
Once you have a Register account, you can request access to additional accredited providers or lead schools. You do not need a separate Register account for each organisation.
Ask someone with a Register account in the organisation you want to access to send an email requesting access for you.
If nobody in the organisation has a Register account, you can send the email yourself.
The email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.